me, rachel
So, earlier today I thought I would tell you all about what a lovely spring day it is today. I was going to show you this picture of this beautiful flowering tree. Seriously, it was 69 degrees today…and the flowers smell amazing! I love spring!


But then I was leaving the radio station on my way to my history class, and I casually commented that I really wanted a cookie, which was sad times for me as I had no way of obtaining said desired cookie. But when I walked into class, the secretary in that building walked up and handed me this plate of cookies. She told me that our class (6 girls) had to eat all the cookies before we could leave. I had 3. It was amazing.

Then history got out early, so I went back to my dorm and Stasia and Olivia were there. We started talking about ideas for Elliv, and in the process somehow got on the topic of Amy Winehouse hair. Not Amy Winehouse herself, but just her hair. So, we YouTubed how to do Amy Winehouse hair…and then decided to try it on Olivia. Here is her first attempt, using a stick of deodorant:



This one turned out much better.



We used a pair of my fuzzy purple sleep socks, rolled up in a ball, and pinned to her head. Then we covered them with her hair. Haha it was awesome! She’s decided that regardless of what theme we eventually decide on for Elliv, she’s going to do her hair like that!

Then I went to dinner, where nothing terribly eventful happened. After dinner, Dave and I went to Mom + Dad’s (a cute little place across the street that sells every food imaginable, and I’m not even kidding) for ice cream. We got two large soft serve cones, one peach and one mocha (I’ll let you guess which one was mine!). For starters, I have never finished a large cone in my life. That is still true. For another thing, I didn’t know soft serve ice cream came in any flavor but vanilla, chocolate, or swirl. This was an exciting concept for me. We took our over-sized cones, and started walking back across someone’s yard and into the high school parking lot. We kept going, past the playground, the baseball diamond, and the football field. We tried to take a path around the football field, but ran into a cornfield, and decided against cutting through that as I was wearing flip-flops. So, we turned around and ended up on a picnic table behind Mom + Dad’s, just talking.

We walked around the lake, which at Cedarville usually means you’re engaged, but that’s not us quite yet. Then, a thunderstorm started rolling in, so Dave took me back to my room and he went home.

Back at the unit, Stasia, Olivia and I decided to go on another adventure. This time we wanted to rearrange our unit lounge. It’s been the same since August, and with only one month left of school it is high time for a change! So, we grabbed my camera, and went door to door of all the different units in Maddox to see how they arranged their furniture. We looked like creepy stalkers taking pictures through windows. But we weren’t, I swear.

Then, armed with a mop, a broom, and creative genius, we attacked the lounge. There were no survivors. All the dust bunnies bit the…well…dust. Now, not only is our lounge homier, it is clean! Yay!

I also found out today that a friend of mine from back home is coming to visit campus tomorrow! I’m so excited!! So I’ll tell you all about her visit, tomorrow.

I should probably study for the Spiffo test I have tomorrow…failing is not something I want to tell you all about! Anybody have any good study tips?
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment